CUNY SPH is committed to helping students who are facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks to the generosity of CUNY SPH Foundation Board members and private donors, the Student Emergency Fund is a lifeline to students during this difficult time.
The CUNY SPH Student Emergency Fund provides quick-response grants to CUNY SPH students who are experiencing a short-term financial emergency. Through these grants, CUNY SPH seeks to ensure that students stay in school and complete their education rather than take a leave of absence or withdraw from classes.
Examples of eligible emergencies include:
- Overdue utilities bills and shut-off notices
- Rent in arrears, at risk for eviction
- Housing assistance for homelessness
- Medical and dental bills for uninsured non-elective procedures
- Destruction of living quarters, due to fire or other natural disaster
- Theft of computer, books, clothing, or other essential belongings
- Assistance in paying for food, transportation, and basic necessities due to recent financial difficulty
- Emergency child care for legal dependents
- Travel home for illness or death in the immediate family
Grants will not be given for:
- Current or past CUNY SPH tuition charges
- Legal representation
- Personal debts
- Student loan repayment
If you are a current CUNY SPH student facing short-term financial hardship, we encourage you to submit an application to the Student Emergency Fund.
To access the application, you will need to log into SharePoint using your SPH login (sph\_______) credentials. Reach out to the HelpDesk@sph.cuny.edu if you require assistance with SharePoint.
Click here to apply. Please note that applicants will be asked to submit supporting documentation to demonstrate financial need.