What Is a 1098T Tax Form?
The IRS 1098T Tax Form is the tuition statement that indicates the total amount paid for tuition and fees for the entire calendar year.
Who Is Eligible to Receive This Form?
Students who make out-of-pocket payments toward their tuition for a particular calendar year are eligible to receive a 1098T form.
However, you will not be eligible if:
- You are receiving federal grants, scholarships or third-party payments that meet or exceed your total tuition amount for the entire calendar year.
- You are receiving loans to cover tuition for a particular semester, but the loans disburse during a different calendar year.
How Can I Access My 1098T Form?
You may access and print your 1098T form directly from your CUNYfirst account by following these steps:
- Log in to CUNYfirst.
- Select Student Center.
- Under the Finances section, click the “other finances…” dropdown menu and select “View 1098-T.”
- Turn off your pop-up blocker to allow the report to appear.
- “No Data Available” will appear next to the year if you are not eligible for a 1098T Form for that year.
For additional information, please visit CUNY Tax Benefits for Higher Education