CUNY VOTES is a comprehensive, non-partisan initiative whose mission is to promote student voter registration, voter participation and voter awareness through campus based activities, external partnerships and University-wide campaigns.
In the midst of COVID-19, stay safe, stay home, and register to vote online through DMV with a State issued ID and apply for an absentee ballot online. If online is not an option, you can access these forms under the Register to Vote heading on this site.
Important dates in 2022:
- June 3: Last day to register to vote in the Primary Election (held on June 28, 2022)
- June 13: Last day to request an Absentee Ballot by mail, email, fax or online.
- June 18-26: Early voting for Primary Election
- June 27: Last day to request an Absentee Ballot in person.
- June 28: Primary Election
- October 29 – November 6: Early voting for General Election
- November 8: General Election
2022 NYC election information:
To learn more about the upcoming 2022 NYC election, check out http://www.electnyc.org/ OR https://www.cuny.edu/register-to-vote/, a nonpartisan public education campaign designed as a one-stop shop for New Yorkers to find out which candidates are running, the role of different elected offices, and learn about the new ranked choice voting system for electing candidates.
Resources on voting and elections:
- CUNY Votes Guide to 2022 Primary Election
- Accessibility Info Page – The New York City Board of Elections
- The Federal Election Commission Home Page
- The New York City Board of Elections
- The New York City Campaign Finance Board
- The New York State Board of Elections
- Vote Safe NYC
- Understanding the Ballot – The New York City Board of Elections