FAQ for Current Students

Yes. Courses may be audited with instructor’s permission and based on availability. Students must formally register to audit courses in the same manner as any other course after receiving permission. The grade notation ‘AUD,’ which carries no earned credit, cannot be changed to any other credit-bearing grade. Audited courses will be included in the calculation of total credits to determine full- or part-time status. Audited courses cannot be used towards financial aid eligibility and therefore will not count towards financial aid load. Auditing is only available for currently active students. You can request to audit a class by filling out the Course Audit Request form.

Fill out the “Change of Name/Address/ID Request” form found on the Student Forms page and contact registrar@sph.cuny.edu.

Please see our department pages to see who is the head of each department.

If you are a current student, you will receive a weekly Events Roundup email to your SPH email on Fridays which lists CUNY SPH-sponsored events, as well as other events of interest to our community.

You can also check out the CUNY SPH Events Calendar and follow CUNY SPH on Facebook and Twitter for information on upcoming events.

You may request to join the CUNY SPH Student Group on Facebook. This is a closed group that is administered by the GSGA.

You can sell your books via the SPH Online Bookstore. Or you can post about selling your textbooks in the CUNY SPH Student Group on Facebook. This is a closed group that is administered by the GSGA.

There is no fee for sending a transcript from another CUNY school to CUNY SPH. Please note that new applicants must send transcripts directly to SOPHAS, which will incur a fee.

If the class is a graduate-level class that is relevant and you get approval from your department head and the registrar, you may be allowed to take the class.

Students seeking counseling sessions may contact the SPH Student Wellness Counselor Sherry Adams (sherry.adams@sph.cuny.edu) for individual and group counseling sessions. Find more info here.

We recommend that you complete all the core classes before attempting to change your concentration. To start the process, fill out the Change of Concentration/Track Request form. We cannot guarantee that your request will be approved. Please note that the same committee that reviewed your application will also review this request. Therefore, if you were rejected from the concentration that you would like to switch into, unless things have changed on your end (for example, you retook your GREs and scored higher or you got a new job related to the desired concentration), you may be rejected again. You may also be asked to provide additional documents such as a new personal statement.

Please visit Academic Advising for resources, FAQs, and additional information. You may also email advising@sph.cuny.edu.

Full time status for certificate and MPH/MS students is 12 credits. For doctoral students, it is 7 credits. Only International and Veteran students are required to maintain full time status. If a student wants to get federal aid, then they need to register for 6 credits; all other students may register for the number of credits as they see fit.

You can find job postings for on campus positions as well as postings that organizations send us through the Career Services section of our website. You can also check out the websites of our centers and institutes, as they often have job postings. Feel free to reach out to faculty members who share your research interests and see if they or anyone they know is hiring.