CUNY SPH is pleased to announce the Michael Meng Fellowship for Healthcare Business Innovation open to Health Policy and Management students.
Co-Founded by Michael Meng, CEO of Stellar Health, and Bunny Ellerin, CEO of NYC Health Business Leaders, the fellowship will enroll 10 Health Policy and Management students into an intensive four-semester extra-curricular program to build their expertise and knowledge in health business. Fellows will learn directly from respected business executives and leaders, have access to professional development at the Career Skills Academy and receive hands-on training in public health entrepreneurship.
As the program’s visiting adjunct professor, Professor Ellerin will provide fellows with mentorship and career guidance in an intimate learning environment.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Applicant must be a current HPAM student who has completed at least one semester at CUNY SPH, or an incoming student matriculating in January 2023 who has exemplary grades in prior coursework
- 3.3 GPA
- Interest in health business and public health as intersecting areas
- Demonstrated desire to harness health business to improve public health
BENEFITS OF THE FELLOWSHIP
- Gain hands-on experience in health business via fieldwork opportunities
- Opportunities for publications
- Enhance public health knowledge and skills through seminars and workshops
- Build a powerful network of public health leaders and innovators
- Participate in the new fellows meet-and-greet dinner
- Attend all seminars and workshops
- Enroll in and complete Design Thinking in Public Health and Public Health Entrepreneurship courses
- Complete the Mid-Career Track of the Career Skills Academy
To learn more about the Meng Fellowship, please register for one of our upcoming information sessions:
The deadline to submit applications is November 18, 2022. To apply, please submit this form by the deadline.
If you have any questions about the fellowship, please reach out to Candace Lamb, Director of the Career Skills Academy at email@example.com.