CUNY SPH Strategic Framework
View the CUNY SPH Strategic Framework for 2021-2023.
CUNY SPH Strategic Planning Process
CUNY SPH launched its strategic planning process in Fall 2019, intended to examine the current environment in which the school seeks to achieve its mission and goals, build on the substantial progress made since its consolidation in 2016, and determine long-term direction through short-term outcomes.
To launch the process, a group of senior academic and administrative leaders, including department chairs, directors and deputy directors of the school’s centers and institutes, the chair of the Faculty-Student Council, deans, and senior staff, will meet to brainstorm and ultimately recommend guiding principles for the framework. Next, a Strategic Planning Committee comprised of faculty, staff, and student representatives will be charged to further develop the framework through broad consultation with the entire SPH community, an online survey, and focus groups. Finally, those responsible for each area within the framework will determine specific, measurable action plans to guide the framework’s implementation.
Principles Guiding Strategic Planning Framework
- Promoting diversity, inclusion and equity
- Enhancing academic excellence and areas of innovation
- Developing public service and partnerships with the local Harlem community
- Exploring new models for the school’s economic and financial sustainability
- Continuing to build on existing global partnerships and collaborations