- CUNY SPH Dean Ayman El-Mohandes on defunding police
- The CUNY Board of Trustees has released a statement on racial injustice. View the full statement here.
- CUNY SPH Dean Ayman El-Mohandes has released a statement on racial injustice and public health. View the full statement here.
Protesting? Tips for health and safety while protesting during COVID-19
- Vox: How to More Safely Protest in a Pandemic
- Elle: How to Protest Safely During the Pandemic
- NPR: Protesting Racism Versus Risking COVID-19
- Dazed: How to Protest Safely Against Racism During a Pandemic
- ACLU: Protesters’ Rights
- Amnesty International: Safety During Protest
- CNN: If You’re Planning to Take Part in Protests, Know Your Rights.
- Refinery29: Protesters Have Rights-Here’s What to Do If You Get Arrested
Confronting stress and trauma
- The CUNY SPH Student Wellness Office is offering a Students for Racial Justice Support Group. Students can find additional information and sign up to join the group here.
- NYC Well
- CNN: A Guide to How You Can Support Marginalized Communities
- Vice: Self-Care Tips for Black People Who Are Struggling With This Very Painful Week
- Yahoo: 8 Mental Health Resources for Black Folks – Because You Deserve Support Right Now
- Black Lives Matter: Assorted Toolkits to Confront Trauma and Oppression