Katrina F. Mateo, current doctoral student, along with Sandra Verdaguer, a recent MPH graduate, and colleagues had 5 abstracts accepted for presentation (4 posters and 1 oral presentation) at the Society of Behavioral Medicine Annual Meeting in April 2018 in New Orleans, LA. The Primary Investigator of the study related to these abstracts is May May Leung, PhD RDN (Associate Professor at Hunter College). The titles of their abstracts are:
- Killie NF, Huang E, Mateo KF, Fuster-Rivera M, Leung MM. Exploring social and environmental influences on dietary behaviors of urban, minority preadolescents [poster presentation].
- Leung MM, Mateo KF, Abbas E, Verdaguer S. Co-designing with youth to develop a web-based interactive nutrition comic to decrease childhood obesity risk [poster presentation].
- Mateo KF, Verdaguer S, Abbas E, Leung MM. Developing an online tool to support healthy feeding behaviors among urban minority parents of preadolescents [poster presentation].
- Verdaguer S, Mateo KF, Leung MM. Usability testing of a web-based interactive tool to reduce childhood obesity risk in urban minority youth [oral presentation]. *Meritorious Abstract Winner and Citation Abstract Winner
- Leung MM, Harrison L, Mateo KF, Abbas E. Intervention INC, a technology-based childhood obesity intervention: child and parent baseline characteristics [poster presentation].
Congratulations Katrina and Sandra!