Boost your writing technique and craft your writing voice! For current students, we provide one-on-one writing help.
- Assitance with writing assignments and professional reviews
- Assistance with fellowship and scholarship essays
- Improve writing techniques
- Avoiding plagiarism, collaborative writing with skills management
Appointments can be in person, email, phone call, or Skype, but must be made at least 3 days in advance. If you are unable to make it to office hours, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration: 1 hour
Click here to make an appointment.
To ensure a productive session, please take the Preparation Survey after you book. Not only will it prepare your for your session, it will help you discover your learning style.
These are pointers, tips, and instructions on the best writing practices! Use for writing mechanics issues, editing, and constructing outlines.
“The Art of Reading Research Papers” [PDF]
“Don’t Wait, Write!” [VIDEO]
Owl @ Purdue
Paramedic Method: A Lesson in Writing Concisely
CUNY ONE SEARCH
Search for these books:
1. Mike Markel. Technical Communication 11th Edition. Bedford/St. Martins, 2015.
2. Tebeaux, Elizabeth and Dragga, Sam. The Essentials of Technical Communication. Oxford University Press, 2010.
These are tools that aid with the process of writing. They address such topics as writing anxiety, writing environment, note taking, and citation management.
Productivity Apps: studying, bibliography, citation, and notes management
Postgraduatepurgatory: Essential Productivity
Guide to professional writing through identifying multiple intelligences: