About the CPH Exam
The Certified in Public Health (CPH) credential distinguishes you as a public health professional at the cutting edge of any ever-evolving field. This credential – the only one of its kind for public health – demonstrates not only your knowledge of key public health sciences, but also your commitment to the field through continuing education focused on emerging and established public health issues.
Click here to find the location of a testing site near you.
Register for the CPH Exam
How to prepare for the CPH exam – click here
Use the ASPPH Study Guide for the CPH Exam
CUNY SPH students have free access to the ASPPH CPH Study Guide through their APHA student memberships (which are sponsored by CUNY SPH). Please click here for instructions on how to access the study guide using your APHA student membership.
Contact Dr. Ashish Joshi for details.
The ASPPH CPH study guide provides:
- Information about the CPH exam;
- Strategies and tips to assist you in performing your best on the exam;
- Chapters on each of the five core areas of public health. The majority of the CPH exam is based on the core areas;
- A chapter reviewing the seven cross cutting competency areas; some content related to the cross-cutting competencies may be included in the exam;
- Three practice tests, which we suggest you take as a form of self-assessment to identify your areas of strength and weakness;
- Terminology and definitions for each core area and the cross-cutting competencies.
CPH Content Review Webinars
The National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE) both hosts and sponsors webinars geared to explaining the Certified in Public Health (CPH) credential, the exam, and the future of the field.
Past Review Session Webinars Are Now Available For Viewing
Each session is two and a half to three hours long and includes lectures and interactive segments. Please click on the below links to view for each study session.
There are sessions on Behavioral & Social Sciences, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Environmental Health and Health Policy & Management.