- EFT online: Pay online through CUNYfirst by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Please have all the necessary information ready when making an online payment including your bank account and routing number. Do not use your debit card! If you enter your debit card, it will be treated like a credit card and you will incur fees. All payments made online will be reflected on your student account immediately after you receive your 6 digit payment confirmation number. Note that it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to leave your account.
- Money Order or Personal Checks are accepted through the mail. Please make your check payable to CUNY GSPHHP, include your full name and Sophas/CUNYfirst Empl. ID and mail to:
CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
55 West 125th Street, 5th floor
New York, NY 10027
Attn: Bursar Office
- Payment Plan: Pay your bill by making monthly payments through a Tuition Payment Plan. Students can sign up for a payment plan through Nelnet for upcoming terms. The payment plan provides students with the option of paying tuition and fees over a period of up to six months for the fall and spring semesters. The amount of payments is dependent on the date a student enrolls in a payment plan. This flexibility enables students to reduce the burden of paying all tuition and fees prior to the start of the academic term. The payment plan is an interest-free benefit to students. The enrollment fee for the payment plan is $95 per semester. If a student opts for direct withdrawals from a bank account, a discount will be provided which will lower the enrollment fee to $40 per semester. There is no payment plan available for the winter intersession, however there is a three month payment plan available for the summer session. You must enroll in a payment plan by your payment due date even though the last day to enroll in a payment plan may occur after the date.
- The first payment is due upon enrollment in addition to the enrollment fee
- Your monthly payment amount is automatically debited from your bank account or credit card on the 10th of each month
- After the 7th day of the semester, payment plan amounts will be adjusted to take into account any financial aid awards
- There is a $30 returned payment fee per occurrence if your payment is returned
To sign up for a Tuition Payment Plan:
- log into CUNYfirst Self-Service
- On your Student Center page go to Finances
- Select Enroll/Manage Payment Plan
More information about the payment plan
How to enroll in a Nelnet Payment Plan (video tutorial)
We do not accept cash or credit cards in person. We cannot process payments over the phone.
General Third Party Information:
- All Third-Party Payments must be present on your bill prior to your due date. Estimates are not considered payments until funds are disbursed to the College.
- Most third party payments do NOT pay for late drops during the first three weeks of classes. If you drop a class, please be prepared to pay for it.
- All vouchers and payment documents, must be signed and completed accurately to be accepted
- Payment letters will ONLY be accepted, if they are not contingent upon particular grades being earned.
- You can email your third party payment document, however all originals must be delivered in person or mailed to the Bursar’s attention.
- If your third party payment document is not sufficient to cover your tuition and fee bill, you will be responsible for paying the remaining balance
- All third party payment letters should include:
- Student’s Name
- Student’s EMPL ID
- Amount awarded
- Third party payer’s name, address, phone number and invoicing instructions