If you wish to be reviewed for New York State Residency in order to qualify for the in state tuition rate you must submit the New York State Residency application along with the required proof.
In general, to qualify for the University’s resident tuition rate, a student must establish that he/she is a New York State or City “resident”, as applicable, based on the requirements set forth in Part I, Section A below of the Manual.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or in a qualifying immigration status or other categories; AND
- Have continuously maintained your principal place of abode in the State of New York for a period of at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of classes; AND
- Have a bona fide intention of living in New York permanently.
In addition, certain non-residents, including those who are undocumented or out-of-status students, are eligible for the resident tuition rate based on their attendance and graduation from a New York State high school or receipt of a GED or TASC in the state of New York. See Part I, Section B below. There are also several other categories of students who are eligible for the resident tuition rate. See Part I, Section C of the Residency Manual.
Please follow these steps in order to be considered for NYS Residency:
- Review the Residency portion of the CUNY Tuition and Fee manual
- Complete the NYS Residency Form
- Part A of the Form needs to be completed by all students
- Part B of the Form needs to be completed by undocumented or out-of-status students who are seeking resident tuition based on high school attendance/graduation or having received a GED or TASC in New York
- Part C needs to be completed by students who are seeking to be classified as New York State residents
- Organize your supporting documents (Part II)
- Submit forms and documents to the CUNY SPH Office of Student Services (email@example.com or in person at 55 West 125th Street. NY, NY 10027, Room 507).
- Once your information has been reviewed, you will be informed whether you qualify for the in state tuition. If you have already paid your tuition bill and are found eligible for the in-state tuition rate your adjusted tuition bill will be reflected on your CUNYfirst account.
Please complete the NYS Residency Form and submit it along with your supporting documents to the CUNY SPH Office of Admissions. Once your information has been reviewed, you will be informed whether you qualify for the in state tuition. If you have already paid your tuition bill and are found eligible for the in-state tuition rate your adjusted tuition bill will be reflected on your CUNYfirst account.
For questions or more information, please contact:
CUNY SPH Office of Admissions
55 W. 125th Street, Room 507
New York, NY 10027