Spring Semester: No longer accepting applications for Spring 2019
Fall Semester: April 1, 2019
- SOPHAS online application
- Application fee: $135 for your first selection + $50 for each additional one
- Official transcripts of all institutions attended (GPA of at least 3.0)
- Personal statement / statement of purpose (recommended length is 500 words)
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Background in the field
- Some programs may accept academic knowledge – 18 credits of health related courses
- Work experience – one year in related job, internship, volunteer position, etc.
- TOEFL scores are required if language of instruction for prior degrees was not English
- Paper Based Test: 550
- Computer Administered Test: 233
- Internet Based Test: 60 (Reading score + Writing score + Listening score)
- SOPHAS’ TOEFL code is 5688
- Transcript evaluation from WES or ECE for foreign transcripts
- MPH in Health Policy and Management does not require standardized tests
- MPH in Community Health Education does not require standardized tests
- MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health requires either GRE or MCAT scores for those with GPA less than 3.0
- MS in Environmental and Occupational Health requires either GRE or MCAT scores for those with GPA less than 3.0
- MPH in Nutrition does not require standardized tests
- MPH in Epidemiology and Biostatistics requires GRE scores
For information on how to submit standardized test scores, please click here. Applicants who have a post graduate degree from a U.S. accredited school or a post graduate degree in clinical or allied health that WES or ECE has deemed equivalent to its US counterpart may request a standardized test waiver.Please be advised that waivers are granted on a case by case basis. To find out if you are eligible for a standardized test waiver, please email your US transcripts or transcript evaluations of foreign degrees to email@example.com.
To find answers to many commonly asked questions, please check out our Admissions FAQ page.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to attend an Information Session and take some time to review the content that is posted here. The Information Session is the best place to bring your questions.
If unable to attend, please join us for our Virtual Information Chats every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:30am to 1:30pm EST.
You may also BOOK AN APPOINTMENT with an Admissions Counselor:
Appointments can be in person, Skype, email, phone call. Please follow this link to schedule an appointment.
Appointments must be made at least 3 day in advance. If you are unable to make it to the office hours, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 646-664-8355.
Duration: 30 minutes
To prepare for your session:
a. Please email an update copy of your resume.
b. Email an electronic version of your official or unofficial transcripts.
c. Please be sure to indicate your program of interest.