MPH student Sydney Leone receives NYS Public Health Honor Roll award

April 9, 2018 | Press Releases & Announcements, SPH Accolades

Sydney Leone

Sydney Leone

Sydney Leone, currently an MPH student at CUNY SPH, has been honored with the New York State Public Health Honor Roll Award. This award is given to those individuals who play a key role in protecting and promoting the health of all New Yorkers. In the course of of her practicum, Leone worked with the Westchester County Department of Health on an effort to develop and design a standard approach to care for their community outreach staff.  

Describing her experience on the project, Leone says, “With the main task of developing and evaluating a training program for Community Outreach Workers within the Westchester County Health Department I found Dr. Aguirre-Molina’s Health Program Planning and Funding class was my most valuable resource throughout the process. Although, I was not developing a proposal for funding in this instance; working with a CBO so closely and generating a logic model to think through the need of the program, goals, objectives, activities, and resources were integral skills that I was able to employ throughout my practicum project.”