POSITION: Administrative Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute
POSTING DATE: November 30, 2017
SUMMARY: The CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute is looking to hire a full-time or part-time administrative coordinator to provide support for its office tasks, food policy events, and to provide administrative support across the Institute’s various projects. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an office setting on administrative tasks and a basic understanding of how food policy works in New York City. Additionally, they should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have strong communication skill, and be adept at managing multiple priorities and working independently.
- Work with the Director and Deputy Director to implement processes and systems for staff supervision, project management, fundraising, resource development, etc.
- Coordinate administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures
- Facilitate interactions, troubleshoot problems and serve as a liaison between the CUNY Graduate School of Public Health (SPH) administrative team and Institute staff
- Troubleshoot problems related to coordination with SPH administrators and the Research Foundation of CUNY, and convene appropriate parties as needed to solve them.
- Assist deputy director to ensure that staff needs are met
- Help to aggregate and oversee production of visual content (photos, infographics, videos)
- Update the Institute’s website, and work with the Deputy Direct to coordinate
- Help assemble and design the Institute’s monthly newsletter
- Provide support to execute social media activities, and help develop strategies for curating and pushing content
- Provide basic oversight of the production of the Institute’s publications
- Monitor website site traffic and other interaction with our audiences, develop monthly reports for Institute leadership
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), Google Docs, Dropbox and similar tools
- Strong organization, delegation and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in all areas of up-to-date office practice and procedures
- Experience preparing meeting agendas, minutes, letters and memos accurately
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Filing and document organization
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
About Us: The CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute is an academic research and action center at the CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy located in Harlem, NYC. We provide evidence to inform municipal policies that promote equitable access to healthy, affordable food. We apply an intersectoral perspective that links nutrition and health to sustainable community and workforce development, and we engage partners from city government, community organizations, and the university in food policy research and action.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter by December 15 to: mailto:email@example.com – reference administrative coordinator in the subject line.