POSITION: Research Data Associate
ORGANIZATION: MOTIVATE Research Lab
POSTING DATE: July 20, 2017
SUMMARY: Financial Incentives for Weight Reduction (FIreWoRk) Study
Position Description: The mission of the MOTIVATE Research Lab, led by Dr. Melanie Jay, MD, MS, is to improve the treatment and prevention of obesity in primary care. We are seeking a full-time Research Data Associate to assist with implementing a randomized controlled trail to examine the impact of financial incentives on weight management behavior and weight loss in adult patients with obesity. We are looking for a bright, motivated, and independent individual with research experience and a passion for health education and promotion.
RESPONSIBILITIES: S/he will assist in all aspects of the research including conducting literature searches, recruiting patients/subjects by phone and/or mail, coordinating and performing study visits, entering and analyzing data, preparing abstracts and/or manuscripts, and other administrative duties. This position will be located at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan and will also include weekly site visits to NYU Lutheran clinics in Sunset Park,Brooklyn.
- Responsible for tasks related to coordinating and recruiting patients for the FIreWoRk study (e.g., scheduling, consenting participants, administering measures, entering data, and delivering intervention) under the supervision of the project manager, Dr. Stephanie Orstad, PhD.
- Assist with the successful implementation of intervention components.
- Assist in measurement development, survey design, and data management.
- Assist in the supervision of research interns
- Assist in developing, submitting and monitoring grant submissions
- Assist in authorship and preparation of articles, abstracts, or presentations
– Minimum of 1 year of research experience
– Bilingual English-Spanish
– Strong administrative skills required
– Experience with MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Data analysis experience (SPSS, SAS, or qualitative research analysis) a plus
– Experience with REDCap a plus
– Experience working with diverse populations
– Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
– Bright, motivated, mature, professional, and independent
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of health (e.g., Public Health, Health Promotion, Education, Education Research, Pre-Health, Psychology, Sociology, Kinesiology, and Nutrition) is preferred.
This is an opportunity to gain experience working on a critical issue in healthcare and benefit from working with research team members of diverse, interdisciplinary backgrounds. Research team members have many opportunities to be trained and mentored by more senior team members, lead analyses on different datasets, as well as attend conferences and lectures at NYU School of Medicine. Past research team members have gone on to medical school, doctoral programs, and research coordinator positions.
Compensation: This is a full-time, paid position.
HOW TO APPLY:
- A current CV/resume
- A detailed 1-page cover letter describing your interest in obesity research
- The name, position, and contact information for 3 professional references
Send application materials to:Victoria Sweat, Program Manager: email@example.com. Include “Research Data Associate – FW Study” in subject line
POSITION: Study Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: NYU LANGONE MEDICAL CENTER
POSTING DATE: July 24, 2017
SUMMARY: We are seeking a full-time Study Coordinator to assist with implementation of a novel primary care-based cluster randomized clinical trial at the VA Hospital. The intervention entitled the Peer-Assisted Lifestyle (PAL) Study utilizes a novel goal-setting tool (PAL Tool) delivered via tablet computers, team based care, trained Peer Veteran Coaches, and primary care physicians to encourage goal-setting and weight management. The tool is a mobile-friendly software program delivered via tablet computers in the primary care setting to facilitate counseling by the health coach and primary care staff. Our preliminary data suggest that the intervention is feasible and acceptable to patients and staff and facilitates weight management counseling. However, randomized trials are needed to examine its impact on weight loss and health outcomes. Our dynamic health services research team is comprised of the Principal Investigator, Co-Investigators, the Senior Program Manager, health coaches, research assistants, consultants, data managers/analysts, software developers, and other health science and health service specialists. Dr. Melanie Jay (NYU and VA) and her team conduct research aimed to improve the treatment and prevention of obesity in primary care. This is an opportunity to gain experience working on a critical issue in healthcare and benefit from working with research team members of diverse, interdisciplinary backgrounds.
REPORTS TO: Victoria Sweat, Program Manager – Victoria.Sweat@nyumc.org
- Responsible for tasks related to managing and recruitment of the PAL study (oversees recruitment, manages participant flow, consenting participants) under supervision of the principal investigator.
- Assist with the successful implementation of intervention components. This includes management of 2 Full-Time Veteran Peer Coaches who will perform in-person and telephone counseling for up to 250 patients.
- Coordinate and track all activities related to IRB (submissions, amendments, reports)
- Participate in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of the project.
- Ensure adherence to study protocol and monitors quality control aspects of the study.
- Monitor goals and progress of the study.
- Assist in measurement development, survey design, data management.
- Assist in developing, submitting and monitoring grant submissions
- Assist in the supervision of staff, e.g., interns
- Assist in authorship and preparation of articles, abstracts, or presentations
- Strong applicant, minimum of 2 years’ experience with patients and/or in research
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Strong administrative skills required
- Experienced with MS Office Word, Excel, and Access.
- Data and project management experience a plus
- Data analysis experience (SPSS, SAS, or qualitative research analysis) a plus
- Worked in health care settings, public health, or health counseling
- Experience working with diverse populations and patient populations
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
- Able to travel for meetings and trainings at the Manhattan VA (423 E 23rd Street); Comfortable with semi-frequent travel between the Brooklyn VA (800 Poly Place, Brooklyn) and the Manhattan VA
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in a relevant area (Education, Education Research, Psychology, Public Health, Sociology) is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, send cover letter and resume to Victoria.Sweat@nyumc.org
POSITION: Prevention Associate
Reports to: Prevention Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ORGANIZATION: Men’s Health Project
POSTING DATE: July 25, 2017
- Conduct program promotion and recruit high-risk Asian & Pacific Islander (API) gay and non-gay identified men who have sex with men (MSM) and their sex partners in venues/locations/neighborhoods for individual HIV/STD/Hepatitis C testing and risk reduction counseling.
- Provide HIV/STD/Hepatitis C screenings and HIV confirmatory testing including specimen collection in accordance with NYS Public Health Regulations and the Apicha Community Health Center’s protocol for on-site & field testing.
- Identify and link newly & previously diagnosed HIV-positive individuals not in medical care to HIV primary care services, Partner Services, Medical Adherence, Prevention Interventions and other supportive services as appropriate.
- Assist high-risk negative individuals with developing client-centered risk-reduction plans to prevent HIV/STD infection.
- Link high-risk individuals to prevention interventions & supportive services as appropriate including; Pre-Exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), Primary Care, medical insurance enrollment, food assistance enrollment and other essential support services.
- Establish collaborations within the LGBT community & promote services to fulfill the center’s mission.
- Identify venues and community events where high-risk A&PI gay men/MSM live, work and socialize for recruitment to Apicha CHC services.
- Meet contractual requirements
- Attend all required training sessions and meetings.
- Participate in program evaluation and CQI activities as assigned
- Function as a part of multi-disciplinary team
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED and paid work experience equivalent to 1 year full-time work experience.
- Be able to successfully complete the Chief Medical Officer’s training/certification to conduct rapid HIV antibody & antigen/STI/Hepatitis testing within 30 days of hire required. Certification to conduct phlebotomy in 90 days of hire require Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
- Experience with case management and/or risk reduction counseling preferred.
- Familiarity of A&PI gay/MSM issues that impact HIV/STD/Hepatitis risk taking behaviors preferred.
- Fluency in one of Asian languages is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate comfortably on sexual, substance use and mental health issues required.
- Ability to work with staff and clients with diverse background required.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, Word, Outlook and Excel required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in multi-disciplinary environment.
- Must be available on some nights and weekends required
HOW TO APPLY: Competitive salary and excellent benefits. To apply, send a resume, a cover letter (including minimum salary requirements), and three references via email to:
Joseph Akima, Prevention Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. No phone calls will be accepted. Emails without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered. Apicha Community Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that does
not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation.
POSITION: Senior Director – Performance Improvement
Population Health Management
ORGANIZATION: Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC)
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care: Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC helps primary care practices improve delivery of care by providing affordable capital as well as a variety of training and technical assistance services. Since its founding in 1993, PCDC has assisted over 1,000 practices from more than 35 states, and has leveraged nearly $850 million to improve care in low-income communities.
PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice partners with health care organizations, helping them understand their challenges, develop customized plans for change, define and achieve measurable outcomes and create lasting and sustainable impact for their organizations and those they serve. Some of our areas of expertise include:
- Primary Care Services Integration
- Primary Care Practice Operations
- HIV Prevention Capacity Building
- Population Health Management
PCDC’s Population Health Management program works with health care organizations to implement strategies and improve staffs’ ability to address the medical, behavioral, and social issues of their panel of patients, particularly those of high risk, high need individuals through practice transformation processes and outcomes. Our team offers individualized coaching, facilitates learning collaboratives, provides consulting, leads quality improvement projects, develops curriculum and delivers training programs designed for our client’s needs. Our goal is to transform primary care organizations by building their capacity to manage their patient population. Our particular expertise is to support or develop care management and care coordination programs that provide integrated, team-based care, so that practices are better able to provide high quality care, thereby improving the health of their population, and reducing overall cost of care.
Position Overview: The Senior Director for the Population Health Management program is passionate about supporting primary care transformation, helping health care and community based providers to be able to improve systems that support the delivery of high quality care for patients. S/he has expertise in primary care operations and person-centered coordinated care processes and is able to help health care teams understand how to integrate medical, behavioral health and care management services. S/he also has expertise in developing training for practice staff that work to risk stratify panels, identify high risk patients, and provide care management and coordination. The Senior Director understands how healthcare’s shift to value-based payment models requires organizations to focus on improving care and engagement of high risk/high need individuals. Strategies such as employing a population management approach, implementing team-based and integrated care models, quality improvement, and addressing the social determinants of health are all methodologies with which the Senior Director should be familiar. Senior Directors within PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice are senior managers responsible for designing and leading projects, developing new business, managing multiple projects, supervising teams, and providing subject matter expertise inside PCDC and for its clients. Senior Directors report to the Managing Director of PCDC’s Performance Improvement Practice.
- Establish the vision for the Population Health Management program area.
- Understand and maintain awareness of the changing healthcare landscape including the evidence base, reimbursement reform and delivery system transformation.
- Create and supervise the development of services, coaching, curriculum and trainings that meet the needs of PCDC’s clients as they move towards providing population health management, including more coordinated, integrated care and focus on high need individuals.
- Lead existing projects and develop new and related projects.
- Allocate and manage staff members assigned to these projects.
- Develop and manage the program budget in cooperation with the Managing Director and Operations Manager.
- Ensure high quality of work and supervising staff.
- Develop new and repeat business within the program.
- Perform outreach to previous, current, and prospective clients as well as assess client satisfaction both during and after engagements.
- Write proposals to potential clients and funders, including consulting proposals and grant applications.
- Position themselves and PCDC as a subject matter expert to both generate business and support PCDC’s thought leadership through seeking out speaking engagements at conferences, writing blog posts and reports that demonstrate our knowledge in the area of Population Health Management.
- Supervise projects within designated program areas.
- Design and lead multiple projects. This includes creating consulting service delivery models, managing the day-to-day execution of projects, and identifying and mitigating risks to project success.
- Manage staff who manage projects within the program area.
- Develop or comply with evaluation methods for programs and projects.
- Guide and mentor team members, promoting their professional development, and contributing to performance appraisals.
- Develop and execute department strategy in cooperation with the Managing Director and other Senior Directors and Program Directors.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures in cooperation with the Managing Director and other Senior Directors and Program Directors.
- Work across PCDC business lines in collaboration with other units, including the Communications team to develop and maintain collateral and other materials relevant to the unit, and the Advocacy team to ensure that policy issues with regard to Population Health Management are flagged and addressed.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders in the health care community at the city, state, and national level.
- Participate in enterprise-wide strategy and implementation work groups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Characteristics
- Working effectively both as a team member and on individual efforts and timelines.
- Ability to manage a business unit/multiple lines of business, while also leading and working on one or more projects.
- Leading project teams through highly intensive, long-term, large-scale project work.
- Subject matter expertise in current and emerging primary care delivery models for population health management including Care Management, Care Coordination, and Care for Complex Individuals, Integrated/Team-Based Care, Risk Stratification, and Patient Centered Medical Home principles.
- Understanding of adult learning theory and methodology, interactive and experience based learning, and healthcare education and curriculum design.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to create presentations, speak publicly; work with a wide array of client staff from executives to front-line staff.
- Familiarity with the healthcare policy environment and payment reform initiatives, particularly in New York State.
- Project design and management; facilitating a client team to a successful outcome on a project; teaching/training curriculum; public speaking; creating useful templates and resources for clients and staff; quality improvement methodologies, event facilitation (for example, learning sessions); writing comprehensive reports and other documents; negotiating contracts; serving as liaison between PCDC and client executives; and evaluating project success.
- Skilled in the use of software required to perform job duties, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Go-to-Meeting and Dropbox.
Experience & Education
- 7-10+ years of experience in health care, preferably primary care
- Experience managing projects in health care quality improvement, performance improvement, and/or practice transformation.
- Experience with programs and care models for high risk individuals as well as Medicaid and uninsured populations.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., MPH, MBA, MSW, MSN)
- Clinical experience: Nursing, Behavioral Health or Care Management strongly preferred o Experience working as a consultant in health care.
HOW TO APPLY: We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Senior Director – Performance Improvement” in the subject line.