POSITION: Research Data Associate
ORGANIZATION: NYU Child Study Center
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
POSTING DATE: May 18, 2017
SUMMARY: The Research Data Associate for Child Traumatic Stress will be responsible for providing administrative support for programs and projects related to childhood trauma in the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. This is a part-time, 10-month position that will support a federal grant that is funding efforts to bring trauma-informed practices to child welfare programs in New York.
The Research Data Associate’s tasks will involve working both internally with Department staff and externally with partner agencies. This position is available to undergraduate and graduate students with knowledge and/or interest in child welfare and mental health, and flexible hours for scheduling. This position will be 10-15 hours/week.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing support to the Principal Investigator, Department staff and project stakeholders regarding overall project functioning and goals.
- Actively participating in team meetings, providing input on project-related activities, responding to challenges, and conducting follow-up as needed.
- Maintaining schedule of project activities
- Organizing and preparing materials for training
- Coordinating communication with dissemination sites.
- Arranging meetings and developing meeting materials as needed.
- Drafting, editing and proofing of quarterly/annual grant reports.
- Assisting with grant purchases and payments to consultants and subcontractors.
- Tracking grant expenses.
- Managing research databases.
- Assisting with data collection and management.
- Organizing data and preparing materials for presentations and publications.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requirements and expectations:
This position is open to undergraduate or graduate students studying psychology, social work, public health or related field. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently on multiple tasks, are required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Power Point, is required.
New York University Langone Medical Center is an equal employment/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital/or parental status, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veterans status, or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, State, or Municipal Law.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to Nawal Muradwij at email@example.com.
POSITION: Nurse Care Manager
ORGANIZATION: Institute for Family Health
POSTING DATE: May 22, 2017
SUMMARY: Institute for Family Health – a not for profit health care organization with mission to serve underserved populations seeks a full-time Nurse to work as a Nurse Care Manager with our HIV program at the Family Health Center of Harlem. The Nurse Care Manager will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to support the overall health of our patients living with HIV/AIDS.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Job responsibilities include: clinical nursing duties such as triaging and assessing patients and administering medication; mental health and substance use screenings; addressing barriers to treatment adherence, viral load suppression and retention in care; completing prior authorizations; harm reduction counseling; outreach and care coordination.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/LICENSE REQUIRED
- RN required
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Rebecca Green, Regional Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Clinical Interviewer, Part-time in Brooklyn, New York
ORGANIZATION: Phoenix House
POSTING DATE: May 23, 2017
SUMMARY: At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Clinical Interviewer works on the Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood grant to assist program staff with ongoing collection of patient-level data.
- Attends recruitment meetings in Long Island, Queens, and Brooklyn to assist clinical staff in completing consent forms and evaluation surveys.
- Schedules, contacts, and conducts interviews with each grant participant on a rolling basis.
- Contacts patients who completed the program for a three-month follow-up survey.
- Participates with other projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with social science, psychology, public health or related major
- Current Master’s student seeking field experience preferred
- Minimum six (6) months related experience
- Mental health or drug abuse treatment setting preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- HIPAA training preferred
Must be willing to conduct interviews at times participants are available and willing. Work schedule is flexible and may be irregular, but one day of work will be in the main office (8 hour work day).
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit resume to Recruitment@phoenixhouse.org with “Clinical Interviewer” in the subject line. Visit http://phoenixhouse.jobs/brooklyn-ny/clinical-interviewer-part-time/E1CE9C0691164442BC1F2F86F465AB12/job/