POSITION: Program Manager
ORGANIZATION: National Development and Research Institutes, Inc.
POSTING DATE: April 13, 2017
Date: April 4, 2017
Position Title: Program Manager
Annual Salary: $65,000-$75,000 (commensurate with experience and availability of funds)
Percent Effort: 60-100%
Center/Institute: NDRI-USA Training Institute
Project: New York City Training & Implementation Center
Location: 71 West 23rd Street, NY, NY
Final Date for Receipt of Applications: April 18, 2017
Work hours will typically be Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM but may occasionally require earlier, later, or weekend hours to accommodate the delivery of Training/Technical Assistance activities. Any changes will be discussed with the employee.
- Establish partnerships and manage participating organizations with responsibility for the recruitment, assessment, design, adaptation and delivery of all training, technical assistance, and evaluation activities
- Select and contract consultants and provide oversight, as needed for newly identified service areas
- Develop and adapt Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) interventions for capacity building
- Facilitate trainings focused on MI and CBT to participating organizations and their staff
- Rate the application of MI and CBT skills using established coding systems
- Provide technical assistance in the form of coaching feedback
- Facilitate technical assistance via various means including but not limited to, face-to-face meetings, telephone conferences, webinars, video conferences, and Project ECHO virtual clinics
- Assist with the supervision of staff at other organizations to ensure project deliverables
- Delegate work to administrative support staff to achieve project objectives
- Assist Project Director and T/TA Director with other project tasks as needed
- Master’s Degree in a Social/Behavioral Science or health-related discipline
- MSW, LMSW, LCSW and/or Certified Addictions Counselor is strongly preferred
- Experience providing T/TA to the behavioral health workforce is required
- Experience as a provider of mental health, substance use, or related health services preferred
- In-depth knowledge of MI and CBT as they are applied in practice, in addition to T/TA experience specific to the application of these evidence-based practices for the treatment of substance use
- Experience coding recordings and direct observations for MI and CBT fidelity is a plus
- Demonstrated platform skills
- Ability to build rapport and productive relationships with participating organizations
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with distance learning platforms (e.g., Citrix, Webex, Zoom)
- Ability to organize various tasks
- Excellent written and organization skills
- Proven supervisory experience an asset
- Must be flexible, a self-starter, and able to work in a team
- Good oral and written communication skills for inter-agency interactions
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality and discretion
HOW TO APPLY: To apply online, go to: www.ndri.org/employment.html Or, send cover letter and resume to:
National Development and Research Institutes, Inc. 71 West 23rd Street/8th Floor
New York, NY 10010
POSITION: Program and Grant Manager for a Nonprofit Focused on Children’s Emotional and Physical Health
ORGANIZATION: CYCLE Kids
POSTING DATE: April 19, 2017
SUMMARY: CYCLE Kids is a national non-profit organization founded in 2004 with a mission of strengthening the emotional and physical health of underserved kids by inspiring them to lead active and healthy lifestyle, using the fun and practical skill of riding a bike. CYCLE Kids provides schools with a well- developed curriculum that teaches children about bicycling and nutrition. The program helps kids build confidence and social skills, find strong support systems in communities, develop healthy nutrition habits, and learn a new skill that gets them active every day. CYCLE Kids is currently experiencing unprecedented growth as it becomes broadly recognized as a national model for healthy communities.
We are looking for an experienced professional seeking meaningful work in a growing organization to assume comprehensive responsibility for the day to day operations of the organization and its main office. The ideal candidate will have experience developing a diverse staff consisting of full, part time and volunteer workers to handle a wide range of administrative, financial, and program development tasks as well as provide ongoing support to the fundraising mechanism of CYCLE Kids. This individual will work closely with the Executive Director to develop a monthly, quarterly and annual calendar of organizational activities in concert with expectations of the Board of Directors and ensure the timely completion of tasks that support the functioning of existing and new CYCLE Kids programs. This individual must be well organized, flexible, have outstanding communication and writing skills, and be extremely detail oriented.
About the Position
This is a full-time position based in our New York City office, reporting to the CYCLE Kids Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be interested in working with an organization to help it grow to it’s next level, and be able to grow with the position. Experience with managing interns and staff, as well as vendors and partners, is a must.
- Program Management: Responsible for the planning, evaluation, organization, and overall coordination of the CYCLE Kids programs. To include, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain relationships with school administrators and teachers; this includes contacting program teachers to learn about best practices we can share with our schools, how we can better support them, gather success stories we can publish, and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Develop quarterly and annual reports for funders, CYCLE Kids board members, and schools that illustrate the impact of the CYCLE Kids school programs (statistics, evaluation, etc.). Ensure that appropriate standards, performance measures, evaluation, and assessment mechanisms are used to effectively measure the impact of the work.
- Work with communities across the country to implement new programs, this includes coordinating the setting up of the program, providing training, writing press release announcements, collecting stories about the first year of implementation, staying in close contact between the school and teacher to ensure a successful first year; act as the primary point of contact for the school.
- Research and recruit schools and communities to purchase the CYCLE Kids program.
- Manage the distribution of the CYCLE Kids Grant/RFP; participate in the evaluation of applications received and interviewing of potential school partners.
- Recruit and manage staff and interns to support program initiatives.
- Marketing and Communication
- Create and distribute a monthly teacher newsletter.
- Contribute content to social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Assist Executive Director with fundraising activities to support program growth
- Research grant opportunities and draft proposals.
- Assist in growing individual donor base and corporate sponsors.
- Represent CYCLE Kids and the CYCLE Kids program in the community
- Establish and maintain relationships with community leaders, funding bodies, government agencies, service providers, collaborative partners, and others in the community.
- Plan and staff opportunities for outreach.
- Integrate the CYCLE Kids mission, vision, and values into the fabric of services delivered.
- Ensure the provision of quality services to clients through establishment, monitoring, and commitment to best practices and professional standards.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in related field required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Excellent teamwork skills – the ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks with enthusiasm and high attention to detail.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce.
HOW TO APPLY: If you have a passion for children’s physical and emotional wellbeing, and would like to be hands on in helping grow and scale an organization, this role could be for you. We offer a unique work environment with flexibility, opportunity, and room to grow.
Please submit a cover letter, writing samples, and a CV or resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
*Note: Applicants must be comfortable with dogs in the office every day.
POSITION: Faculty Tenure Track Position 2017-2018
ORGANIZATION: Pace University’s College of Health Professions, Pleasantville, New York (Westchester County) and New York, New York
SUMMARY: Pace University’s College of Health Professions, Department of Health Studies seeks a Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Member to join our new our Health Science (BS) program at the Pleasantville (Westchester County) and New York City campuses. The new faculty member will have a primary assignment at one campus but may be required to teach courses on the other campus as necessary.
The College of Health Professions (CHP) at Pace University is seeking to expand over the next three to five years. CHP was established in 2010 in an effort to showcase Pace’s commitment to research and teaching in the health professions. The College is made up of the Lienhard School of Nursing, the Pace University-Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Studies Department, and the Department of Health Studies (which includes the Communication Sciences and Disorders program along with the Bachelor of Science in Health Science. Additional programs in health studies are currently in development).
Our vision is to be recognized for our innovative leadership in education, practice, scholarship, and service to improve health and the health professions. Our mission is to educate and challenge diverse students for the health professions to be leaders, innovators and lifelong learners who will positively impact local, national, and global health.
Pace University is an exceptional setting for prospective faculty members seeking a collegial work environment, a focused teaching practice, and excellent scholarship support in New York.
We provide unparalleled support in the form of:
- Scholarship support and opportunities, including conference support and consultants
- Released time to work on scholarship
- Faculty mentoring in teaching and scholarship
- Graduate assistants for research and teaching
- Competitive compensation package
- Financial support available for scholarship during the first two years
- A Research Doctorate, (i.e. Ph.D, Dr.PH, Sc.D, or Ed.D), in Health Policy, Health Systems, Public Policy, Political Science, or a related social science field
- A minimum of (3) years teaching experience within a higher education setting
- An active program of research, and a track record of publications and grant activity
- Undergraduate teaching and/or professional experience in health policy and advocacy
- A background in evidence-based practice and cultural competence
- A strong commitment to teaching excellence, health-related scholarship that informs teaching, and university and professional service
The successful candidate will teach courses in the newly developed Health Science undergraduate major. Courses include: Health Care Policy, History of the US Healthcare System, Patient Education and Advocacy, Global Health Care Systems, and Government Policy and Politics.
The program offers three (3) academic tracks of study to prepare students for professional opportunities:
- Pre-Nursing Preparation
- Pre-Physician Assistant Preparation
The program offers four (4) areas of concentration:
- Health Policy and Advocacy
- Global Health
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail a CV and cover letter detailing research, teaching and service experience and goals to CHPEducatorJobs@pace.edu. Application reviews will continue until the position is filled. Faculty appointment commences on 9/1/17.
For more information about the Department of Health Studies, please visit www.pace.edu/healthstudies. For more information about the Bachelor’s of Science in Health Science, please visit http://www.pace.edu/college-health-professions/undergraduate-programs/bachelor-science-health-science.