POSITION: Health, Safety & Wellness Specialist
ORGANIZATION: TC Transcontinental Packaging – Brooklyn, NY
POSTING DATE: January 10. 2017
- Manage the administrative requirements of HSW for the plant.
- Assist in implementing and promoting corporate and local programs
- Conduct and participate in workplace health and safety activities such as: audits/inspections, job safety analysis, accident/incident investigations, to fully comply with all relevant legislation including Occupational Safety and Health Act and Environmental Protections Act.
- Prepare and distribute internal reports on safety metrics, as well as OSHA and other governmental reports as required.
- Coordinate safety training as required i.e. forklift, first aid, WHMIS, Workplace Violence and Harassment prevention program, machine safety, LOTO, GHS, etc.
- Work with HSW Coordinator, with respect to New York WCB, monitoring case progress and return to work program.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and oral)
- Detail oriented
- Able to multi-task
- Strong Time management skills
- Adaptable in fast-paced environment
- Spanish a strong asset
- Full time position: Variable shifts
- Relevant HSW training or experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and fast paced environment;
- Ability to work with high degree of autonomy;
- Spanish as a second language (an asset)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
Flexible and adaptable.
ORGANIZATION: Canada’s largest printer, with operations in print and digital media, publishing and flexible packaging in the USA, TC Transcontinental’s mission is to create products and services that allow businesses to attract, reach and retain their target customers. Transcontinental Inc. (TSX: TCL.A TCL.B), known as TC Transcontinental, has close to 8,000 employees in Canada and the United States, and revenues of C$2.0 billion in 2015. Website www.tc.tc TC.
Transcontinental Packaging specializes in the production of flexible packaging. As the spearhead for this new area of growth, TC Transcontinental acquired Capri Packaging, located in Clinton, Missouri, and Lenexa, Kansas City, USA, and integrated it with the premedia personnel and expertise of Transcontinental Optium.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Olga Manzoni at email@example.com
POSITION: Associate Program Officer/Senior Research Associate
Reports to: Manager, Research and Identification
ORGANIZATION: Peterson Center on Healthcare
POSTING DATE: January 24, 2017
SUMMARY: The Center is seeking an Associate Program Officer/Senior Research Associate to manage a portion of the organization’s grant portfolio as well as support research efforts that result in new grants, partnerships and learning opportunities. This position will manage day-to-day grant administration and oversight for the provider segment of the Center’s grant portfolio, requiring active relationship and project management of highly engaged grantees working on innovative implementations of care delivery models. This portfolio will include projects seeking to improve care delivery for high-need patients; reduce hospital overuse; and transform advanced care. In addition, the Associate Program Officer/Senior Research Associate will build relationships, attend events, conduct research and otherwise become a subject matter expert on topics relevant to the grant portfolio. She/he will contribute to new ideas for grants as well as identification of new partnerships and learning opportunities to help guide internal research projects and deepen the Center’s expertise in scaling innovations in healthcare. The Associate Program Officer/Senior Research Associate will also review grant proposals and manage the grant approval process. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, highly collaborative, growing organization that embraces critical thinking, problem solving and innovative ideas.
- Proactively identify and initiate research, relationships and learning opportunities with relevant organizations to develop expertise on topics related to the grant portfolio as well as contribute to the Center’s overall expertise on healthcare innovations
- Manage the grant approval process: review grant proposals, create decision support tools (e.g., Gantt charts and driver diagrams), source feedback from Center staff, and facilitate feedback to grantees
- Manage approved grants in the provider segment: serve as primary contact for grantees, design project plans, lead working sessions, and ensure each project is on track to achieve objectives within assigned budget parameters
- Perform grant administration functions, including writing grant recommendations, writing modifications and end-of grant memos, tracking approval status, and working with the Foundation’s Grants Administration staff to source feedback and approval on budgets and administrative documentation
- Contribute to idea generation and development of new grants with a focus on spreading care delivery models and innovations
- Provide timely and detailed reporting on grants, as well as research, to the senior leadership team
- Participate in joint projects with colleagues in other departments such as the Center’s implementation team
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Experience with and/or demonstrated knowledge of healthcare, especially operational aspects of providers, care delivery, payment structures and relevant stakeholders
- Organized, detail-oriented, and highly skilled at project management with the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective interpersonal skills to develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analytically to gather and synthesize large amounts of information, quickly master new subject areas, make recommendations, and contribute to idea generation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a clear and effective writing style
- Experience in grant administration and/or grant management is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated or expressed interest in learning how to spread and scale care models and innovations in healthcare
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree required; Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or public administration preferred
ORGANIZATION: The Peterson Center on Healthcare is a non-profit organization dedicated to making higher quality, more affordable healthcare a reality for all Americans. The organization is working to transform U.S. healthcare into a high-performance system by finding innovative solutions that improve quality and lower costs, and accelerating their adoption on a national scale. Established by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, the Center collaborates with stakeholders across the healthcare system and engages in grant-making, partnerships, and research. To learn more about The Peterson Center on Healthcare, please visit: http://petersonhealthcare.org/
HOW TO APPLY: Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, addressed to Emily Zyborowicz at the following link: http://commongoodcareers.force.com/careers/ts2__Register?jobId=a0K1600000kMoNK&tSource= Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Commongood Careers: The Peterson Center on Healthcare has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for an Associate Program Officer/Senior Research Associate. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ mission and culture, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.
POSITION: Research Data Manager
ORGANIZATION: NYU Langone Medical Center.
POSTING DATE: January 25, 2017
SUMMARY: Provides data management support for clinical research protocols related to the Breast Cancer Database and High Risk Breast Cancer Consortium.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Incumbent may carry out some or all of the following duties:
- i DATABASE METHODOLOGY:
Utilizes the necessary tools to ensure protocol compliance to conduct direct data research.
- Utilizes established methodologies to collect patient information for the research project(s).
- Extracts data for publications, or provides data collection from outside physicians’ offices.
- Formats and uses tools to facilitate data collection (e.g., calendars, schedules, tracking logs, etc).
- Ensures protocol compliance, that is, that standard steps regarding eligibility criteria, follow-up, and required documentation is consistently followed in the time frame specified.
- Compiles data and assists in consolidating and analyzing data for sponsoring and regulatory agencies.
- Is responsible to ensure that data collection is correct and consistent with the source document and completed in a timely and organized manner.
- Completes paperwork and forms in a neat, accurate, timely manner.
- Maintains files of all required on-going documentation and forms.
- Assists in preparation for bio-statistical analyses and required reporting.
- Ensures that information in computer database is accurate, entered and maintained on a timely basis.
ii CLINICAL RESEARCH DUTIES
Thorough knowledge of research study, study rationale, study subject, and clinical procedures associated with the study.
- Review all the elements of the screening process with the Research Director (RD).
- Collaborate with various personnel that may be involved in assisting with specific aspects in the study.
- Have thorough knowledge of policies and procedures of the host institution where the study is being conducted and the regulatory requirements such as IRB and other approvals if necessary.
- Works with the principal investigators and research staff on monitoring the overall conduct of the study.
- Works with the research staff in reporting adverse events to the appropriate regulatory bodies as instructed.
- Tracks clinical milestones and patient accruals to help evaluate the progress of studies.
iii INTERACTS WITH MEDICAL STAFF, and SITE MONITORS:
Coordinates, Facilitates and Communicates with Staff and Non-Staff to Produce Required Results.
- Works with RD and research staff as part of a team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows proper clinical study processes within current policies and procedures.
- Recognizes identifies, and moves issues forward as appropriate.
- Utilizes available resources and established procedures in order to rectify problems, communicates all changes.
- Liaisons with monitors during site visits, providing them with assistance specific to the monitoring visit.
- iv COORDINATION OF MATERIALS AND VARIED STUDY ITEMS:
- Coordinates the shipment and transfer of varied types of materials among the various departments and labs.
- Works with departments, labs, other personnel and areas as needed, to ensure the timely transfer of items and biological materials: study drugs; histology slides; serum, urine, blood samples, etc., using appropriate precautions at all times.
- Attends appropriate trainings in the proper handling and collection of biological substances and the packaging and shipment of samples as well as required IRB and HIPAA tutorial.
V ADMINISTRATION, ANALYSIS, REPORTING, and Filing:
- Coordinate IRB approved subject study reimbursements according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain complete, accurate subject charts, case report forms, enrollment logs, and hospital records
- Maintain files in an organized and up-to-date manner in order to facilitate their retrieval and maintains copies of all required on-going documentation and forms for the files.
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree, plus three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Statistical skills, including SAS and SPSS
- Computer skills, preferably experienced with oracle-based data systems (eVelos), EPIC, etc.
- Proven communication skills, ability to work independently within a multidisciplinary environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Jennifer Chun Kim, MPH Research Program Director NYU Perlmutter Cancer Center. Phone: 212-731-5333. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org