POSITION: Project Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: City University of New York Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
POSTING DATE: August 30, 2016
SUMMARY: CUNY Graduate school of Public Health and Health Policy, in partnership with NYC Parks, is undertaking an ambitious, NIH-funded project to examine the association of community design with physical activity, mental health and community wellbeing in a large sample of New Yorker across all five boroughs. Data collection occurs once a year (mid-May through mid-December) for five years (2016-20). The study is currently recruiting project coordinators to assist with study recruitment and data collection in underserved and diverse communities.
QUALIFICATIONS: An interest and ability to assist faculty at the CUNY School of Public Health faculty in research study coordination and field data collection. Ideal candidate would possess skills and experience in marketing, sales, grassroots canvassing, communications, customer relations, and/or community engagement. Undergraduate and graduate students in business, marketing, advertising, journalism, public relations, and related fields are especially encouraged to apply. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is required.
HOURS: Flexible work schedule, up to 19 hours/week.
REMUNERATION: $15-$17/hour. This position does not confer fringe benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a resume and brief cover e-mail to:
Terry Huang, PhD, MPH, CPH
Professor and Principal Investigator
CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
POSITION: Healthy CUNY Research Associate – Graduate Student
ORGANIZATION: CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
POSTING DATE: August 31, 2016
SUMMARY: Healthy CUNY seeks a graduate student or recent graduate in public health, nursing, social work, or related fields for part-time work to assist in the implementation and evaluation of a web app, digital campaign, and related activities for helping CUNY students find needed health resources.
- We seek students with professional or volunteer experience, credentials and training in one or more of the following topical areas: mental health services, sexual and reproductive health, food security, health care access, domestic violence, and alcohol and drug use.
- Qualified candidates will also have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas: health communications, design and testing of health apps, evaluation of health programs, program management and implementation.
- Prior experience within CUNY is a plus
- Compensation $21.23 per hour.
- Positions will begin between September 5, 2016 and September 15, 2016 and will continue through December 30, 2016, with some options for extension through June 2017.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send a few short paragraphs answering the following to Sonia.Gonzalez@sph.cuny.edu HEADER: Healthy CUNY Research Associate:
- Describe why you are interested in working on this project.
- Include any relevant experience you already have, if any.
- How many hours per week will you be able to work on this project (up to 19 hours each week)?
- When will you be available to work September 2016 through December 2016 (i.e. Monday through Thursday 11am to 7pm)?