Position: Training and Education Program Manager
Organization: Community Healthcare Network
Posting date: March 7, 2016
Location: New York, NY
Summary: Responsible for day to day management of CHN’s agency-wide health literacy initiative including trainings, material development, staff engagement, external collaborations, and research projects. Assists the Associate Director of Training and Education in carrying out the duties of CHN’s staff training and education program.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Manage the day to day operations and efforts of CHN’s health literacy initiative.
- Assist Associate Director of Training and Education with agency-wide training needs, including development of training content, management of training programs, and materials for workshops and trainings.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate internal and external trainings, including but not limited to health literacy new hire trainings, specialized staff training, and CHN’s health literacy training institute series.
- Lead the expansion of health literacy coaching program for CHN staff.
- Assist in the creation, distribution, and monitoring of new patient education materials for use by all departments.
- In collaboration with research team, design and implement quality improvement, performance projects, and evaluation projects related to health literacy.
- Lead and develop priorities for Patient Communications Committee.
- Assess staff needs and develop implement routine staff activities to sustain and advance CHN’s health literacy initiative.
- Identify opportunities for and build external relationships to provide health literacy support to external organizations.
- Develop content for CHN’s health literacy program in all internal and external activities.
- Represent CHN’s health literacy program in all internal and external activities.
- Attend and participate in appropriate training/informational sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: B.A. or B.S. in applicable field such as public health or related field. Master’s degree in public health or health education preferred.
Organization description: We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
How to apply: Follow this link to apply: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CommunityHealthcareNetwork/90072048-training-and-education-program-manager
Position: Director, Evaluation and Research
Organization: Health Corps
Posting date: March 8, 2016
Location: New York City
Summary: The Director of Evaluation and Research will be instrumental in overseeing the evaluation and research of HealthCorps’ programmatic components. He/she will be responsible for execution of all evaluation and research to ensure alignment with HealthCorps’s strategic goals. As the organization continues to grow, the Director of Evaluation and Research will be responsible for managing all research efforts effectively and efficiently, to ensure efforts are conducive to intellectual and research growth and ultimately demonstrate HealthCorps impact on the communities it serves. The incumbent will have hands-on responsibility designing, executing, analyzing and reporting on HealthCorps interventional studies and programmatic evaluations. This position will report into the Chief Education Officer.
- Collaborate and consult with HealthCorps’ Chief Education Officer and Executive Team on organizational goals and execution on HealthCorps’ Strategic Plan.
- Overall leadership and management of HealthCorps’ Evaluation and Research
- Overall responsibility for the management, accountability and guidance of the Evaluation and Research Team.
- Ensure the collaboration and facilitation of overall program improvement and execution of the strategic plan across and with all HealthCorps Teams.
- Manage third party vendors to conduct evaluation that seeks to improve the quality and relevance of education programs and resources.
Design and Implementation:
- Design and update comprehensive, longitudinal and mixed methods evaluations, using a statistical focused approach, to measure the impact and outcomes of HC programs; making sure to address the programmatic and evaluation logic model.
- Develop and oversee systems and databases to track progress and evaluate the program and its components
- Keep current regarding federal, state, city and district requirements for data collection and reporting, and put into place methods to ensure reliable and accurate compliance.
- Manage, empower and support the Research Scientist I (direct report) in implementation of all studies.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Responsible for all statistical analysis of studies, from development of strong evaluation designs, scientific validity of instruments, development of analysis plans, to conduction of biostatical analysis.
- Develop and/or identify interdisciplinary methodological and innovative analytical solutions to maximize the use of collected data for programmatic development, marketing, funders and publications.
- Report on findings for funders, internal stakeholders, website, and both peer-reviewed and non-peer reviewed publications and conferences.
- Maintain high-level partnerships with funders, consultants, partners and advisors to validate our best practices.
- Collaborate across departments in the creation of funding proposals/grants to fund operations, programming, evaluation and special projects.
- Collaborate across departments to design and deliver board-approved programmatic and operational strategies, including testing & refining of logic models & resulting programs, and refreshing goals based on findings
- Collaborate across departments to incorporate data into program improvement and grant acquisition
- Manage organizational scientific partnerships such as the National Institute of Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, MD Anderson and the National Cancer Institute
Organization description: HealthCorps®, a 501 (C) 3, co-founded by Dr. Oz, cardio thoracic surgeon and host of “The Dr. Oz Show. HealthCorps is leading a nationwide movement toward a new generation of healthy young people. See www.HealthCorps.org for more information. It is the goal of HealthCorps to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. All HealthCorps open job positions will be posted externally on the HealthCorps website. Open positions will also be announced internally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal candidates are required to notify their supervisor prior to applying for an internal position. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements. The hiring manager will communicate with all internal candidates in regards to the status of their applications.
Education and Qualifications
- Masters degree required in Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Biostatistics, or Epidemiology, with specialization in research methodology and evaluation, advanced statistical analysis, and/or planning and program management.
- Minimum 5-10 years of direct experience designing, leading and managing significant interventional program evaluation studies.
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully designing and carrying out quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation processes.
- Substantial experience in statistical analyses and a proven track record in the successful reporting of findings to various stakeholders.
- Experience working with schools and/or research with school-age subjects.
- Experience supporting and training staff and community partners, whether familiar or unfamiliar with research and evaluations in order to collect, manage and analyze data.
- Leadership and Management: Manage Research and Evaluation staff, providing ongoing coaching, feedback and support to encourage and build their capacity to further the mission of the organization. Serve as part of the organization’s senior management team and contribute to the development and execution of strategic decisions.
- Expertise and experience with relevant software applications, including: Excel, Access, SPSS/SAS, STATA, Sigma Plot, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the public health area of obesity, nutrition, physical activities/exercise science, and health education
- Knowledge of guidelines for human subject research, specifically with sensitive populations like children and teens, and an understanding of the IRB process.
- Knowledge and experience working with program evaluation principles, theories, concepts and practices.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in presenting complex ideas in clear and innovative ways.
- Ability to present compelling, engaging presentations about outcomes of evaluations, research and assessments to large groups of people.
- Budget management and tracking skills essential.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work collaboratively and build networks.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Possesses sense of urgency and can take initiative.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Project management skills and focus on delivery of results.
- Ability to think strategically, remaining focused on goals and objectives.
How to apply: Please visit our website: https://www.healthcorps.org/about-us/careers/
Position: Industrial Hygienist
Organization: City University of New York, Department of Transportation
Posting date: March 7, 2016
Location: 55 Water St NY, NY
Summary: The New York City Department of Transportation seeks an Industrial Hygienist Level 2 to serve as a Safety Trainer. Responsibilities include: Deliver in classroom agency-wide annual safety training programs for all employees (office and field) in all five Boroughs whose topics include, but are not limited to: Hazard Communication/Employee Right-to-Know, Blood borne Pathogens and Ergonomics and Safety Awareness; Design safety course materials such as job aides and quizzes; secure training space and equipment; research OSHA/PESH/ NYS Environmental Health and Safety rules and regulations; Perform related duties. Work with external vendors to deliver training based on agency OR Learning Center needs/standards. When not engaged in training activities, may spend time conducting field observations with each division or other related tasks.
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university including or supplemented by 28 semester credits in industrial hygiene, environmental health science, occupational health science and/or safety engineering; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university including or supplemented by 28 semester credits in the physical or natural sciences, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, chemical engineering and/or toxicology and one year of satisfactory, full-time experience
- in the identification, evaluation and control of health and safety hazards; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and two years of satisfactory full-time work experience as described in 2above; or
- A combination of education and experience that is the equivalent of the course work and/or experience described in 1, 2, and 3above. Semester credits from an accredited college or university in industrial hygiene, environmental health science, occupational health science and/or safety engineering may be substituted for experience on the basis of 7 semester credits equals 6 months of experience, up to a maximum of 28 semester credits. Semester credits from an accredited college or university in the physical or natural sciences, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, chemical engineering and/or toxicology may be substituted for experience on the basis of 7 semester credits equals 3 months of experience, up to a maximum of 28 semester credits. However, all candidates must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Prefer candidates with Right to Know Hazard Communication and prior facilitation/training experience. Should demonstrate competency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of construction safety a plus.
How to apply: To Apply
All resumes are to be submitted electronically.
Current City Employees: Please log into Employee Self Service (ESS) at https://hrb.nycaps.nycnet, follow the Careers link and search for Job ID number 219553.
All other applicants: Please go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID Number 219553.
If you do not have access to a personal computer: Please visit your local public library. Most public libraries have computers available for use. No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. For more information about DOT, visit us at: www.nyc.gov/dot.
Other requirements: Residency Requirement
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
POSITION: Jobs at Columbia University
ORGANIZATION: Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
POSTING DATE: February 26th, 2016
HOW TO APPLY: Follow this link to a list of available job postings: http://icap.columbia.edu/jobs
POSITION: TBD – Working Title: Customer Services Representative (CRM)
ORGANIZATION: Extend Fertility
POSTING DATE: March 1st, 2016
SUMMARY: Extend Fertility is a new company with a small, committed team of professionals inspired by the idea that fertility preservation can help women lead purposeful lives. At Extend Fertility, we believe that women freezing eggs to preserve their options for the future have a right to the same level of service, emotional support and access to top physicians as women trying for a baby now. Our goal is to provide programs, facilities and an entire experience centered around the individual, busy schedules and hectic life of these women. Learn more at www.extendfertility.com.
- Answer phone calls (or other inquiries) from customers and/or prospective customers between 9am and 5pm, in order to provide superb customer service. Typical information to provide includes:
- Introduce and explain Extend Fertility’s services
- Answer basic questions about the egg freezing process
- Schedule consultations, monitoring sessions and procedures
- Record customer interaction information into salesforce.com, as appropriate
- Communicate accurately and efficiently with Extend Fertility staff to ensure:
- Staff is fully and appropriately informed of customer’s status
- Customer’s needs are fully met
- Proactively address with colleagues any problems, mistakes, or challenges such that a superb customer experience is delivered
- Other assignments as determined by management
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Easy to related to; compassionate
- Energized by meeting people and engaging in conversations
- Passionate about working with people, especially women
- Resourceful, able to think on her feet
- Education: a college degree, a demonstrated commitment to a personal or professional pursuit, or the equivalent.
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Extend Fertility team members are caring, generous and openly curious. We show athleticism by embracing multiple roles and are courageous by taking smart risks to build our business. We value authenticity and believe honesty leads to trust. We strive to communicate superbly and are actively supportive of one another. We are passionate in our commitment to our vision: to help women live purposeful and fulfilling lives.
OTHER INFORMATION: Job Type: Full time, Start Date: Immediate
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit resume and letter of interest to Kristen Mancinelli at email@example.com