1. Position: Development and Communications Assistant
Organization: Institute for Family Health
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
The Institute for Family Health is a mission-driven health organization with a rich history and expert leadership. Since 1983 we have grown from a small non-profit with four staff members to one of the largest community health centers in New York State, serving over 94,000 patients annually at 27 locations.
The Institute is committed to high-quality, affordable health care for all. We strive for excellence at each of our 27 practices, while accepting all patients regardless of their ability to pay. We offer primary care, mental health, dental care, social work and many other services to patients of all ages. As a federally-qualified community health center (FQHC) network, we meet national standards for affordable, accessible, comprehensive health care services.
In addition to operating health centers, we use our expertise and resources to address racial and ethnic disparities in health, advance the use of health information technology, and find innovative ways to improve care for diabetes, depression, women’s health, HIV and other priorities in the communities we serve. We also train health students and professionals at all levels.The Institute is committed to improving the health care system, particularly for individuals and communities who historically have had limited access to care. We engage in research to improve health care services, and participate in policy development at the local, state and national levels.
The development and communications assistant will support an array of fundraising and communications projects in the Institute’s Planning and Development Department, which is responsible for fundraising, management of grant-funded initiatives, communications and marketing, public relations and research.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the development team in preparing and submitting grant proposals, including writing, editing and/or proofreading content for grant proposals and individual donor communications; developing budgets and budget justifications; and creating supporting documents.
- Assist the communications team in preparing, ordering, and updating a wide array of materials including patient education handouts, service announcements, signage and website updates;
- Investigate potential funding sources including federal and state governments, and private foundations, for health services programs and research;
- Using valid sources, conduct background research and collect demographic and health data related to grant proposal development and creation of new health education materials;
- Ensure that each of our 27 practices has all needed communications materials in stock;
- Provide ad-hoc support to the development and communications teams, including but not limited to:
- Conducting general administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings;
- Collaborating with staff to prepare required reports for funders.
- Assist in writing, editing, and/or proofreading various written materials produced by the department, including website content, internal memos and press releases.
Requirement and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a major in public health or a similar field;
- 1-3 years minimum full-time work experience required;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong analytic abilities; interest and ability to quickly digest complex information; comfortable working with new “content areas” on a regular basis;
- Outstanding attention to detail and good follow through skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work well in a team;
- Interest in health care and human services a must; experience in these fields a plus;
- Proficient in major office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Position is based in Manhattan but candidates must be willing to travel occasionally to our other sites in Manhattan, as well as in the Bronx and the Mid-Hudson Valley.
Reports to: Senior Development Associate
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (academic and/or professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Position: Project Manager
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center
Posting Date: July 1, 2015
New York State’s health safety net system is undergoing an exciting transformation – one that has the promise of providing better care, using new strategies that will keep people healthy and changing the finance system to focus on value. You can be an important part of that change.
Lutheran Medical Center, in partnership with NYU Langone Medical Center, has organized the Brooklyn Bridges Performing Provider System (BB PPS), a coalition designed to serve the diverse health needs of the Brooklyn community. Brooklyn Bridges PPS is seeking a experienced Project Managers to support the PPS’s fast-paced planning process. These Project Manager will be part of the DSRIP Project Management Office (PMO), headed by an Executive Director, and will be joining a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to bringing to life our vision of a tightly knit, diverse set of health and social service providers working together using innovative programs, partnerships and information technology to improve the health of more than 100,000 patients and our community.
The Project Manager will work with a range of BB PPS leaders and community members to help organize various programs and ensure key milestones are met and deliverables are produced within set timelines. These professionals will coordinate with other central service functional areas, including care management, partner relations, finance, and IT. The BB PPS Project Managers will need to have or develop expertise in DSRIP, the Brooklyn marketplace and the BB PPS DSRIP commitments, as well as expertise in project management methodology, tools and processes. Each Project Manager will focus on one of three areas: Reporting and Accountability, Clinical Project Implementation, or DSRIP Governance and Administration. Detailed job responsibilities and qualifications are listed below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support day-to-day PMO operations to facilitate timely and effective completion of deliverables required as part of the DSRIP Project Plan Application (e.g., projects must meet scope and quality requirements)
- Develop templates and tools to track project progress, drive decision making, and facilitate communication across committees, work groups, and BB PPS members. Tools may include status reports, dashboards, issue tracking and resolution lists, databases, distribution lists, and meeting facilitation materials
- Maintain and update work plans, track progress against plans, and identify risks to successful project completion
- Brief PMO, Committees, Work Groups and members on BB PPS progress at regular intervals
- Monitor developments in State-released guidance and ensure that guidance is reflected in work products
- Coordinate public meetings and outreach to project partners and stakeholders
- Facilitate Committee and Work Group meetings; drive decision making among Committee and Work Group members
- Assist in development of Committee and Work Group meeting materials and summaries
- Ensure that Committee and Work Groups stay on task and effectively meet work plans and project goals
- Graduate Degree or equivalent in public policy, business administration, health administration, and other degrees relevant to job description
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management, strategy, business, or other related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media
- Self-motivated and directed. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle complex, ambiguous, and changing tasks and environments
- Experience working collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse groups
- Highly organized and proven track record of communicating effectively to meet client and team needs
- Excellent attention to detail
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Ms. Kate Elgart at KElgart@lmcmc.com
Position: Project Manager
Organization: The Department of Sociomedical Sciences at the Mailman School of Public Health
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
Grant Funded: The Department of Sociomedical Sciences at the Mailman School of Public Health, in collaboration with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) seeks a full-time project coordinator to assist with a multi-stage project aimed at the development of a toolkit on responding to girls’ and women’s needs around menstrual hygiene management (MHM) in emergency contexts. The project will include a global desk review, pre-assessment visits to two emergency contexts, the development of a draft toolkit, a workshop with humanitarian experts, and a pilot study to test the feasibility and appropriateness of the draft toolkit. The position roles and responsibilities include assisting the principal investigator of the project with the following activities: the conduct of the global desk review, development of the instruments for the pilot study and IRB protocols, conducting the pre-assessment studies with other research team members, organizing the workshop of experts, and conducting the pilot study, data analysis, finalization of the toolkit, and write up of findings. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the PI and other members of the research and program teams at CU and at the IRC on the range of activities needed for this one to two year position.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade
(Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant) Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in training and experience with at least four years of directly related experience.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
(Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant)
The candidate must have excellent coordination, qualitative (and ideally some quantitative) research and writing skills. Superb interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team are integral to success in this position.
Masters Public Health or related degree
Prior work in low-income countries.
Experience conducting public-health related research or projects in humanitarian emergencies in low-income countries.
Proficiency in French
Experience conducting research with girls and women on health-related topics.
Familiarity with menstrual hygiene management field and literature.
Assist with adaptation of existing research instruments 25%
Conduct of a global desk review, including key informant interviews 25%
Assist with implementation of the data collection in the various country contexts for pre-assessment 15%
Compiling findings and developing a draft MHM toolkit 10%
Assist with organization of a workshop of experts for toolkit input and review 10%
Assist with implementation of the pilot study, including data collection and analysis 5%
Assist with development of final toolkit and write-up of findings 5%
Other duties as assigned 5%
To Apply: jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=149051
4. Position: Outreach Coordinator
Organization: The Department of Sociomedical Sciences at the Mailman School of Public Health
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
|Mount Sinai Health System CareersDo you have what it takes to wear the badge?Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Bring:
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Shift: Full-time – Day Job
Primary Location: Mount Sinai Beth Israel (New York-Manhattan)
Job Type: Laboratory
5 DAYS/WK & 7.5 HRS/DAY
8:00AM – 4:15PM
5. Position: Outreach Coordinator, Clinical Performance Management
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
Healthfirst is a not-for-profit managed care organization sponsored by some of the most prestigious and nationally recognized hospitals and medical centers in New York. We are one of the fastest growing health plans in our area with over 900,000 diverse members and a network of more than 24,000 providers and 3,400 employees.
Our mission is to ensure that our members have superior healthcare and satisfaction; we significantly improve the health and wellness of the New York metropolitan area, all while driving down the costs. Employees shape our company and connect us to our communities. We look to recruit and retain intelligent, driven leaders who are passionate about healthcare and embody our five culture drivers:
- Dream Big, Plan Wisely
- Break Down the Walls
- Think Critically, Speak Up, Deliver with Pride
- Inspire Through Trust, Lead By Example
- Be Unstoppable
The Outreach Coordinator (OC) is responsible for ensuring that Healthfirst members receive the required preventive services appropriate for their age, gender and other demographics. The Outreach Coordinator assists in all outreach activities, including but not limited to direct phone outreach to members (e.g., Spectrum of Health Campaigns). The Outreach Coordinator will conduct Health Risk Assessment (HRA) calls as appropriate and will also participate in HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) measure data collection, as applicable, including medical record acquisition via on-site and fax retrieval.
- Contacts members from assigned campaign lists to instruct them in the appropriate preventive health screenings as indicated by age, gender, line of business and other demographics.
- Conducts HRA screenings as appropriate.
- Works with members to facilitate appointments with Providers to expedite receipt of services as needed.
- Records findings of each encounter to include patient identifiers, relevant information and results of the phone call within the current computer application.
- Contacts Provider sites/offices to set up dates to review/retrieve medical records for QARR/HEDIS reviews. Documents information related to these tasks in appropriate systems or databases.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in a health-related field or environment, (i.e. health insurance company, doctor’s office, clinic, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to speak with members to thoroughly educate them on the suggested applicable preventive services and to conduct Health Risk Assessments. Coordinators are required to meet established productivity quotas on a regular basis.
- Ability to create and send emails using a corporate email system.
- Ability to edit documents using Word.
- Ability to manipulate data using Excel.
- Associate’s Degree
- Experience with member outreach in a member services or call center environment.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, HEDIS/QARR and Medicare STARS.
- Bilingual English-Spanish, or English-Chinese – any dialect preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Team player willing to assist others in additional job functions.
To Apply: https://external-healthfirst.icims.com/jobs/9284/outreach-coordinator%2c-clinical-performance-management/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=650&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Position: Outreach Coordinator, Food Policy
Organization: The Humane Society of the United States
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Outreach Coordinator, Food Policy (New York) for its Campaigns section. The main responsibility of this position is to assist the Food and Nutrition Manager in persuading institutional food service providers and corporations to add more plant-based menu options. This individual will conduct outreach to, establish relationships with, conduct live presentations for, and work with in other ways, institutions and companies in the food industry toward the goal of persuading them to increase plant-based options. Other duties include, but are not limited to: help pass local resolutions, proclamations, and other ceremonial items to support HSUS’ meat reduction effort, which requires leading simultaneous efforts in multiple municipalities; draft and coordinate support materials related to the meat reduction campaign, including developing toolkits, promotional materials, blogs, op-eds, press releases, and website development.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field preferred. Candidates must have at minimum, one year of experience in campaigning, preferably on farm animal advocacy issues. Other important skills include: willingness and ability to travel; strong social and public speaking skills. High level of knowledge about factory farming, nutrition/health, and environmental issues is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301- 548-7701. This position is located in the state of New York.
Position: Research Project Manager
Organization: Memorial Sloan Kettering
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
For over 130 years, the people of Memorial Sloan Kettering have been relentless pioneers in our single-minded focus on the prevention and cure of cancer. We are known for intensely innovative research that never stops, as well as for thoughtful, compassionate, and responsive patient care that treats the individual first.
Today, Memorial Sloan Kettering is the nation’s number one hospital in cancer care (U.S. News & World Report, 2014-15) because of our unified commitment to the people we serve. Find your life’s calling at a place that’s finding a better way.
MSK is seeking a Research Project Manager for the Department of Radiology. The Research Project Manager is an integral member of the Radiology Research team and Radiology Breast Service and would, in compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements, be the Radiology Breast Service bioinformatics specialist for assigned projects. The position requires computer programming skills necessary to manage “big data” with a focus on data mining, integration, analysis and applied statistics. This will allow the department/service to ask and possibly answer complex questions pertaining to breast cancer biology and correlations with imaging data. This job will require collaboration with the Quality Assurance program, the Radiology Informatics and Information Technology teams, as well as collaborators in (but not limited to) the Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Medical Physics departments. This position will support the work and vision of the radiologists to establish new departmental standards where questions can be confidently answered in a time efficient manner that epitomizes MSK’s role as the leading cancer hospital in the USA.
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of clinical research experience and/or other applicable research investigation; relevant graduate work would be considered in lieu of total minimum experience (adjusted appropriately). Masters degree preferred with two years of clinical research experience.
- Expertise with “Big data” analysis (SQL, Apache Hadoop) and interpretation using advanced statistical techniques (Excel, Access, SPSS, SAS etc..) and generation of ongoing reports. The ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex databases is essential.
- Experience modeling and application of algorithms to data to identify relationships among variables. Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Information Management Skills: Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, datamining and segmentation techniques. The ability to communicate, explain, interpret, share and present information. Adept at report writing and presenting findings.
- Analytical Skills: Attention to detail is critical. Ability to work with large amounts of data-facts, figures and number crunching. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent problem-solving ability. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc..) Ability to draws conclusions, make recommendations and convey this information in a timely and proficient manner.
Job Posting Number: 4403
Research – Other
New York, NY
June 11, 2015
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Position: Environmental Specialist
Organization: Triumvirate Environmental
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
Build your career in the growing environmental services industry with Triumvirate and find out why we were voted one of the” Best Places to Work” by the Boston Business Journal!
You have the talent and motivation, but you need a team that is committed to helping you succeed- a team that is as dedicated to its employees as it is to its customers!
We don’t just promise growth opportunity, we create it through employee training, and mentoring!
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Work in teams to perform lab pack services including chemical segregation, packing, and disposal.
- Perform chemical inventories.
- Perform audits and inspections of facilities and laboratories.
- Assist management in developing top accounts and devising standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate supervisory leadership skills through interactions with team members.
- Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations as well as Triumvirate’s Health and Safety Practices.
- Obtain knowledge of technical, customer service, and business components of environmental services.
- Commit to achieving the goals outlined in the Environmental Specialist Advancement Program.
- Learn and work with, computerized waste tracking system.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Determination/eagerness to learn about the environmental health & safety field.
- Creativity in solving unique problems.
- Leadership experience/potential.
Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, all Environmental Specialists will be on a rotating ER team; requirements include being accessible by phone 24 hours a day during their ER week. In addition, the position includes the daily need to lift items that weigh up to 75 lbs and to operate commercial motor vehicles.
Most important responsibility:
- WOW! Internal and external customers.
- BS/BA in environmental science, Chemistry, Biology, or Business preferred, but all majors are welcome to apply.
- Must be able to submit college transcript.
- Successful completion of OSHA/DOT physical examination.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Completion of 40 Hour OSHA, CPR, and First Aid Training.
- Class C CDL.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and computers.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Triumvirate Environmental is the fastest-growing environmental services firm on the East Coast. With offices and operations from New England to Florida, Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free
To Apply: https://careers-triumvirate.icims.com/jobs/1144/environmental-specialist/job?mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=655&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Position: Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist I
Posting Date: June 29, 2015
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior EHS Specialist, Associate Manager or Manager assists with the
implementation of established programs. Performs work on EHS projects of limited scope within easily identified parameters. Exercises judgment within these defined parameters to determine appropriate action. Efforts will be made to cross train in all aspects of EHS at Regeneron. A limited background in EHS regulations and standard industry practices and principles is expected. Initial and limited application of this knowledge to existing situations. Uses academic course work in the sciences as basis for developing and understanding industrial hygiene exposure assessments. Reviews germane regulations, best industry practice and consults with peers to research basic understanding of EHS field and issues. May work to developed specific programs of limited scope at Regeneron.
• Assists in implementing various environmental health and safety programs and initiatives under the direction of the Associate Manager Environmental Health and Safety or Sr EHS Specialist.
• Assists in implementing environmental and safety management systems.
• Assists in managing RMET program including AEO inspections and initia/refreshing training for first
• Assists with implementation of emergency response programs.
• Conducts weekly surveys of laboratory and waste areas where low level radioactive materials are used.
• Assists with EHS on the job training and class room training.
• Conducts inspection, collection, storage and disposal of bio hazardous, chemical and radioactive waste.
Maintains waste rooms in an orderly fashion.
• Performs routine ergonomic assessments and makes recommendations.
• Maintains industrial hygiene (ill) equipment and performs ill monitoring of laboratory and support personnel to assess potential exposure to hazardous chemicals.
• Performs EHS audits of labs, support areas and offices.
• Responsible for having PPE readily available to laboratory personnel.
• Manages annual chemical inventory. Provides training to responsible parties as necessary.
• Performs SPCC inspections. Provides follow up to action items as necessary.
• Assists with revising safety related policies and procedures are required.
• Assists in training of new hires regarding specific techniques in handling chemical, biological and radioactive hazards.
• Maintains and organizes EHS Stock Rooms.
• Performs respiratory protection inspections.
• Participates in professional development training and activities.
• Available 2417 for emergencies that may arise at Regeneron.
• Assist Facilities with projects as necessary.
• Occasional requirement to work overtime.
Experience and Required Skills:
Required Special Equipment and/or Programs:
Job Location: Tarrytown, NY